Pages

October 4, 2010

Meet the rest of the Program Leaders!!!

Chris R., 19: The reason why I became a program leader is because I wanted to find a way to make a difference in the community in a fun and interactive way. My hobbies include reading, writing, playing video games, cross dressing, singing, and drawing. I hope to help mPowerment become a successful program. Chris A., 19: I became a program leader so I could help educate youth about the problems that affect their society, I plan to work as a Social Worker in the future and help more groups of people in my life. I enjoy going out with my friends and watching movies. Gerard, 17: I became a program leader because I really enjoy the environment I work in and I love the friends I made. My interests are long boarding, playing the guitar, and singing. My goal is to become more knowledgeable so I can teach other people the knowledge PFY taught to me. Jeff (Princess), 18: Well, I was an original peer educator and the reason I stayed because I loved helping out in my community and being an advocate for my own rights along with the rights of others. I am a dancer to the extreme; I have many random interests and skills. I want to become a lobbyist and work for human rights. I want to help people in all ways, if I can make one person life better for even a few seconds, I will be happy. Shay, 16: I realized that becoming a program leader was the best for me because after attending coffeehouse for a few months, I fell in love with PFY and I really wanted to have a bigger role in what PFY has to offer as an LGBT teen center. I love to write and recite poetry (mostly spoken word) and listening to music. I also love nature, reading, and blogging. I plan to become a Professor of either Music Theory or English Language/Creative Writing. Sarah, 17: I wanted to make a difference in my community by encouraging young people towards responsible decisions and I geared that towards working as a program leader. I like singing, writing, drawing, and sewing. I would ultimately in the future like to do something creative and have some kind of impact on pop culture.