Pages

September 29, 2010

Meet the Program Leaders!

Vanessa, 17: I became a program leader because I feel like I learned so much and I am going through so much in this span of my life. I might as well teach and educate everyone in certain issues dealing with today. I enjoy reading, having movie nights and outings with friends. My ultimate life goal is to be successful and live a carefree life. Ryan, 19: I really love educating the youth which is a major part of why I became a program leader. I feel that many things that should be taught are not reaching the youth properly, which is why this job is important to me. Music, reading and writing plays a great role in my life. I eventually I would like to be a stylist and open my own salon. Meredith , 18: I have been a peer educator and program leader for the past three years. Helping others is always worth the craziness and sometimes craziness makes life all the better. Just like everyone else I enjoy music especially indie. I am always interested in discovering new music. My current life goal is earning a college degree. Mary , 19:The reason for being a program leader for me was easy. I love when I get the chance to get out and hopefully educate on topics I was trained on. On my off days I love singing and acting and I am a major music fan, as it plays a big part in my life. My ultimate life goal is to become a social worker. Lorenzo ,18: My purpose for becoming a program leader is to show LGBT youth that you can be different and still be a leader. I enjoy entertaining others by playing the piano, singing and dancing. My life goal is to explore the works of this wonderful world and give inspiration to the LGBT youth. Justin ,19: I became a program leader to help inform my peers about information based on facts and details rather than myths and stereotypes. In my spare time, I like to read and write. I enjoy being an activist for LGBT youth. My life goals consist of helping and educating others and teaching them they are not alone. I eventually would like to become a social worker. Jonathan , 17: One reason I became a program leader is because I wanted to work in a place where LGBT is not only accepting but praised. Another reason is to share the message with LBGT Latinos like myself that is okay to be gay. I like to draw, talk and laugh. Laughing makes my day worthwhile. My life goal is to go to college for business and open my own advertising firm. Charles , 19: I became a program leader to help be a role model for peers in my community. Being a program leader helps me to stay motivated in my education and stay focused on my goals. In my free time I enjoy writing music. I eventually would like to help at least one person during my time as a program leader.